The European safety standard EN 16005
The new European standard EN 16005 sets out the design requirements and testing methods used to ensure the safe use of automatic doors. The new standard has created a Europe-wide safety standard for automatic doors. At the moment, DIN 18650 is still the valid safety standard. The safety level of EN 16005 is comparable to the level of DIN 18650.
All automatic door systems and safety sensors from GEZE meet the EN 16005 standard and are available.
The main points regulated in the new standard concern protection at hazardous spots by:
- avoiding crushing, shearing and hurting during opening and closing through sensors
- safe distances to prevent crushing and being drawn in
- limitation of the leaf forces
- requirement of a high safety level for the door control unit and sensors:
- “Performance Level c” for standard doors and “Performance Level d” for emergency exits respectively (according to EN ISO 13849-1
More information about the safety standard EN 16005: